For the past few years the battle between whether Android or iOS platform should be used for developing an app has been a popular one. Although, the war seems to be over now, however still the question remains answered to many users especially to aspiring app developers. Though, building an app for iPhone and iPad users proves an excellent option in generating good revenue, but novice developers find Android platform a better choice for application development.
Also, many iOS or Android app development companies favor building an Android app because it requires using the Java language compared to complicated languages such as Swift and Objective-C. Let’s have a look at some other reasons that make developing an application in Android a worthy option:
1. Help Save Time in Developing a New Programming Skill-set: As discussed previously, creating an Android-enabled app does not require you to spend time in gaining knowledge about any new programming language like an iOS application. Moreover, beginners find it natural to shift to Java programming language – that is needed to build an Android application. So, if you have familiarity with Java, you won’t have to waste any time in learning several other languages.
2. Flexibility to Build Android Apps: An iOS application can only be built in Xcode. But, you can choose to build Android apps in either Mac or Windows operating system. Thus, the latter gives an added advantage to novices to create a product that can work on any OS. Basically, startup developers get the flexibility to develop an app based on their convenience.
3. Cost-effectiveness: When it comes to application development, Google provides a free tool called Android Studio to help build apps that works well for Android powered phones – be it Smartphones, tablets, and associated hardware. Most importantly, students wanting to become app developers find it pretty easy to start their project using the Android Studio tool and pre-built templates perfect for building Android applications.
4. Submitting and Publishing App is Easy: The approval process of an Android application is quick and easy in comparison to an iOS app. You don’t have to follow strict guidelines as imposed by Apple to get your application published in the app store. Once your Android app is put up and ready to be launched, it won’t take much time in getting your app approved on the Google Play Store. In fact, it might only take a few hours or a day and your application will likely get the approval. In contrary, the Apple can take days for the approval.
5. Better Reach: Many young people purchase Android devices more as they are cheap compared to an iPhone, especially students. And so, creating an Android app will indeed help you attract younger audience using an Android device. Since this mobile platforms have different variants made available in the market, more will be the chances of product discoverability.
Most of today’s generation students aspiring to become app developers favor Android to complete their task, as it provides them with ease and convenience essential for starting a startup project without much hassle. The best thing about building Android applications is that such apps can work on multiple devices and various operating systems unlike an iOS app. This ultimately benefit wannabe developers in getting enough opportunities to expand their product reach.